Choice of male or female voice - Can change colours & branding*
Download – The Video, Written Article (below) & Featured Image for You to Use
| How to Stage Your Living Room Areas
This is the room you entertain, relax and show-off in. It’s a room that tells buyers about your lifestyle. Many buyers automatically assume your standard of living will become their standard of living if they buy your house.
Clear the Clutter
To create a calm well-ordered room, start with a good clear out. Pack away everything that is unessential to the function of a living room such as:
- Children’s toys
- Family photos
- Anything that is simple clutter
Use Neutral Colour Paint on the Walls
- Heavily patterned wallpaper and bold colours tend to make rooms feel smaller than they really are.
- Redecorate in a clean neutral tone. This will immediately improve your properties saleability.
To get maximum buyer love, everything needs to look and smell fresh. If you smoke or own pets, your carpet will carry odours that buyers find off-putting. Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
If your carpet has worn patches, replace it.
Before you spend money on new carpet, lift your carpet and take a look. You may get lucky and find decent floorboards that you can sand and stain.
Living Room Furniture
- We highly recommend a professional stylist. If your budget doest stretch that far. You can use your existing furniture – Take note:
- Your choice of furniture will influence buyers’ impressions of you and your property.
- The right furniture tells buyers that your property is loved and therefore desirable.
- Make sure it is not old and tatty
- Ensure your furniture is to scale for the room. Big furniture is comfortable but makes a room feel smaller than it should.
- If your living room feels cramped, try removing some excess furniture.
Curtains can let down the presentation of a room in a couple of ways:
- Heavy, dark curtains dominate a room making it feel smaller and darker.
- Curtains that don’t compliment the colour scheme of a room ruin the feeling of harmony buyers are looking for.
Create a focal point
Buyers prefer living rooms that aren’t dominated by the television set.
Rearrange your sofas so they face each other (across a coffee table if you have one). This gives the impression that conversation is the main activity in your living room.
What’s the “main attraction” of the room? It needs to be attractive to make a “positive impact” on buyers. For example:
- An open fireplace
- A view onto gardens
- Fresh flowers in an elegant vase
- An engaging piece of artwork
- A well-placed mirror
Add some finishing touches
Use some accessories to give the room a little personality. Examples:
- A vase filled with fresh flowers
- A beautiful lampshade
- Luxurious cushions and throws
- Mood lighting.
With lifestyle rooms you’re trying to show buyers something aspirational. You’re setting a stage for them to project their own image of a “better life” onto.
If buyers think you live a good life in your house, they’ll think a good life awaits them there too!
Truely, the most cost effective digital content
solution available to real estate professionals.
NOTE: This is not meant to be financial or professional advice and is only of general nature. You must seek professional advice before taking any actions. Any actions you may or may not take are your responsibility.
The above information comes with no warrantees whatsoever. Although we strive to provide up to date and accurate content, we take no responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy or inaccuracies of any part of the content. The content comes with no warranty whatsoever.
12 Month Trial
Access to All Premium Content
Use 2 titles /wk - (104 titles /yr)
New content added every day
Works out .95 cents per Video/Article!
No credit card required
How Does it Work?
- Get Access to our online portal.
- Download Video / Post / Images
- Use "As-Is" or edit as you see fit
- Use/Brand as your own
Receive all content material
- Actual Video files
- Written Articles
- Featured Images
- Use "As Is" or change/edit
- Saves you hundreds of hours
- Choose from hundreds of posts
Premium Video Content
Ready To Use For Your:
- Website / Blog
- Social Media.
- Emails / Newsletters